Different clubs have different targets. But generally, you can adjust following main options along with Stimulation feature to get the best Options for your club.
• "Encourage Same Gender" - If you have many female players as well as male players, you can set this option to "Yes". BC4E will try to make as many matches of the same gender as possilbe. If female players are much less than male players, it's better to leave it to "No". Otherwise, female players will have much less variety or choices.
• "Encourage Changing Players" - This option controls the social rule that specifies the degree of match variety that BC4E should allow when arranging matches. So, if you like BC4E to make as many "good" matches as possible, you can allow duplication by setting it to "Nope". It has four degrees: "Strongly", "Moderate", "Slightly", and "Nope".
• "Mix High & Low Levels" - Normally, BC4E arranges matches among players with nearest skill levels. The highest player has hardly chance to play with the lowest player. this option is to mix the level range so that the high-level players can have matches with much lower-level players as well. If you don't like BC4E to make any "bad" match intentively, set this option to zero. This option is desgined for some clubs where any player, no matter how well he or she plays, he or she should have fair share playing with much lower level players. Sometimes, we do need fair share of playing with beginners in a club. By setting up this option properly, you can control the ratio of Good Games vs Bad Games.
• "Encourage Mixed Double" - This option is usually always "Yes". BC4E does not arrange Mixed Doubles intentively. Instead, when it finds out a match having two genders involved, it tries to make the match balanced by making it a Mixed Double as much as possible. BC4E always puts Level Balance at the first.
BC4E has integrated the practice experience in various clubs in Badminton North Harbour association. It is proved to be able to meet different requirements. Just configure the BC4E Options, run Simulation of club run with certain group of players for tests until the result is satisfactory for you. Simulation can be done within a few seconds for a few hours club run. Check the Reports, and see if they meet your target.
Yes, BC4E has a binding feature, which can bind 2 ~ 4 players together so BC4E will arrange them in the same match as much as possible. You can create multiple binding groups for players with the same requirement. You can even specify the percentage of matches to play together for each binding group.
Yes, you just need to create multiple schedules for different time period with different court allocation. BC4E will automatically use the predefined schedules to allocate courts for the specified time period accordingly. No human operation is needed.
Yes, BC4E has an option called "Match Count Ratio", it is the match count ratio between the highest player and the lowest player. By default, it is "8:8", which means everyone has the equal chance to play. But in some instances, it doesn't mean everyone will player the same number of matches. It just means it does not favour certain group of players. Those players have 1 more match are sort of picked out randomly (actually related to the match history and composition of players). But you can choose "8:7" or even higher ratio ("8:6","8:5","8:4") to favour the higher players.
There are two ways to deal with it. One is the modify the predefined schedule for the different court allocation. But you need to change it back to normal later. The other way is to create a Casual Schedule, which is just for that day. This temporary schedule will be automatically disable after that day.
They are the same in moving players away from the court. But Deleting a Match will make that match never happen, it won't keep in match history. Normally, it is an operation for new arranged matches, which have not played. "Clear Court" is for matches that already started and played for while. The match will be kept in match history, which will affect next arrangement. Clearing court is mainly to arrange some new match manually before the automatic picking, or make all players in Waiting Players windows so that you can bind players together easily.
In Sync mode, all courts start matches at the same time, and finishes at the same time too. And session durations (paces) are the same. BC4E automatically arranges new games. In Asyn mode, each session duration can be different. New games are arranged manually by choosing "Run . Arrange New" menu item. Also, each court can have its only pace. In other words, each court can be arranged seperately by right clicking the court, and choosing "Manage Court . Arrange New".
Firstly, configure BC4E Options to enable hourly feature by choosing Config . Options . Choose "Yes" for option "enable_hourly_fee". Then, to register to play club by unit of hour instead of the whole club duration, Right Click the player's name in Club User window, and choose "Register - 1(h)" for one hour's playing. Be aware that you cannot use any other way to register the player for unit of hours. All other ways are to play the whole club duration. When adding a new club user, BC4E will register him or her as default. If the player only wants to play one hour, you need to register him or her again as described previously. BC4E will automatically timeout the player when his or her paid duration is over.
Sometimes, new version of BC4E may have some new bugs. If you experienced some problem after upgrading to a new version. Please follow these steps to roll it back and restore to the previous version:
1. Export current registered players to .CSV file by choosing "Admin . Export Player" to keep the registered players.
2. Close BC4E application.
3. Rename "C:\BC4E" folder to something like "C:\BC4E_yyyymmdd" by adding a date suffix.
4. Restore the old BC4E by renaming the latest backup folder (upgrading procedure will create a backup folder with date time suffix automatically) to "C:\BC4E".
5. Start BC4E (make sure the Shortcut pointing to the executable in "C:\BC4E" folder.)
6. Import the registered players by choosing "Admin . Import Player", and browse to the files saved in Step 1.
7. Rollback is done. Club should be ready for running the old version BC4E. The only drawback is that all match history is lost. So only roll back when new version doesn't work.
1. Set option "Encourage Same Gender" to "Yes". Only do so when the club has enough number of male and female players. Otherwise, matches will have less variety.
2. Set option "Encourage Mixed Double" to "Yes". BC4E will try to arrange Mixed Double if their skill level difference is similar. This also requires that the club has enough number of male and female players.
Notes: BC4E always puts Level Balance before Gender Balance. For example, if a female player has much higher level than other female players, and only male players has equivalent level to hers, she will end up with playing male players.